Sunday, October 16, 2016
Doors: 4pm; Lin’s intro: 5pm; Movie: 5:30pm
Tickets: $10-$150, or call 212-568-1157 for group sales
Broadway superstar and long-time Palace supporter Lin-Manuel Miranda will introduce the 1964 Disney classic, the first screening on the Palace’s new DCP projector he donated. This will be one of Lin’s last public appearances before moving to London to film “Mary Poppins Returns” with Emily Blunt.
Before “Mary Poppins,” UPCA will host “The Backstage Experience,” including a champagne toast with Lin-Manuel Miranda, for the first 125 donors who each pledge $500. Also included in the package are:
- One (1) premium seat for Lin’s pre-show introduction and the movie
- An invitation for one (1) to the exclusive backstage afterparty
- Free pass for two (2) to all UPCA movies at the Palace through 2017 in seats reserved for you and a guest
- A limited edition t-shirt to commemorate the event
- Additional perks as the campaign unfolds
- UPCA also has a limited supply of tickets to a special “Hamilton” related event available for the first 50 donors
CLICK HERE TO JOIN LIN AND "THE BACKSTAGE EXPERIENCE" OR CALL 212-568-1157 FOR DETAILS.
Plot summary: When Jane and Michael, the children of the wealthy and uptight Banks family, are faced with the prospect of a new nanny, they are pleasantly surprised by the arrival of the magical Mary Poppins. Embarking on a series of fantastical adventures with Mary and her Cockney performer friend, Bert, the siblings try to pass on some of their nanny's sunny attitude to their preoccupied parents. Starring Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke, and David Tomlinson. Directed by Robert Stevenson. 1964. 2 hours 19 minutes. Screened in English with Spanish subtitles.
The screening is part of UPCA’s campaign to "Reawaken Wonder at a Timeless Movie Palace," including “The Backstage Experience” with a champagne toast with Lin, to upgrade the Palace’s audio system. For details, visit: https://unitedpalace.org/events/843-reawaken-wonder-at-a-timeless-movie-palace.